How do I change my flight on Malaysia Airlines?
To change Malaysia Airlines flight, you can do it online and also via phone call. You can give a call to the customer service executive to help you with the process. But the best and easiest way to get it done is through the online process. To understand the process go through the procedures given below:
- Browse the official website of Malaysian Airlines https://www.malaysiaairlines.com/.
- Click on the "Manage" option available on the homepage.
- Enter passenger's last name and the booking reference number to retrieve your booking.
- On the right side of the travel details, click on the "Change My Booking' tab.
- Make necessary changes and click on submit.
- Go to the payment gateway to pay for any extra charges if applicable.
- Confirm your payment and make the changes as per your requirement.
- Post confirmation, you will receive an SMS and an email with your registered phone number and email address.
- Download the new ticket from the email for future reference.
Malaysia Airlines Change Policy
If you want to change a flight on Malaysia Airlines, you must be aware of the policies of flight change on Malaysian Airlines. The guidelines are explained in detail below in the following points:
- To make changes in the travel date, get it done before 24 hours to avoid extra charges.
- If it exceeds the time limit of 24 hours, an extra fee is always applied. Note that Malaysian Airlines does not allow you to change the passenger details.
- You can also get to contact the customer service team for the flight change.
- If there is any same-day flight change request, it can only be done within the same class of your booking. Moreover, destination change is not allowed. You can travel only to the destinations pre-booked.
- To make changes in a class of the booked ticket, you will have to cancel your current reservation and rebook with your preferable preference.
- If the flight gets canceled due to any bad weather or a technical glitch, the airlines would reschedule your ticket, which will not cost an extra charge. But if there is any missed boarding, airlines shall not pay any refund.
- Basic Economy class tickets cannot be changed and are non-refundable.
How much does it cost to change a flight with Malaysia Airlines?
In general, every American airline charges a penalty fee to change flights, make any changes, or cancel your flight ticket. To make changes in your Malaysia Airlines or to reschedule my flight Malaysia Airlines, you will have to pay a fee of $75 for domestic flights and a price of $400 for international flights. The cost to change flights on Malaysia Airlines depends on the fare type of the ticket booked. This cost also depends on the change in destination or arrival of the route. However, if you have an economy ticket, you can neither make changes nor cancel your ticket without any penalty. The charges are not fixed; they can vary depending on the time at which you make the changes. If the change fee is much higher or costs much more than the ticket, you can simply cancel the recent ticket and rebook a new flight.