LATAM Airlines Cancellation Policy
There can be any reason for a passenger to cancel the LATAM Airlines flight. Like sudden plan changes or any unavoidable situation. Then a passenger is left with no choice except cancel their flight tickets. LATAM Airlines provides a facility for its passengers to cancel their flight tickets and make refund requests. Before canceling a flight, one should know about the LATAM cancellation policy. This policy is made for those passengers who cancel their flight tickets. This policy is a commendation to its passengers who cancels their flight ticket.
- LATAM Airlines will not provide refunds for used tickets. If a part of the ticket is unused, a passenger can apply for a refund of that part.
- LATAM Airlines is not responsible for a refund if the flight is booked through a travel agency. You have to contact the travel agency for cancellation and refund.
- LATAM Airlines will not provide any refund for the expired ticket, but you can ask for a refund of government taxes.
- If the flight ticket is canceled within the 24 hours after booking, airlines will not charge any cancellation fee.
- A passenger should cancel the ticket within 24 hours or purchase a refundable ticket to avoid the cancellation.
- LATAM Airlines will only provide the refund for the canceled flight ticket in the original mode of transaction. The payment done through cash or cheque has the option to get a refund in a travel voucher.
- The refund of the canceled ticket received in a travel voucher cannot be transferred in real cash; you can only use it for future bookings.
- Passengers cannot cancel a flight ticket after the flight's departure because airlines mark you a "no show" at boarding.
How to cancel a LATAM Airlines flight?
Canceling a LATAM flight is as easy as booking a flight ticket.LATAM Airlines provides the facility to its customers to cancel their flight tickets both online and offline for the convenience of their passengers.
Canceling a flight online:
Cancel a flight ticket of Latam Airlines online. You have to follow the simple steps mentioned below:
- Open the application or website of LATAM Airlines
- Log in to your account by entering your ID and passwords
- Then go to "my trips" section and search for the flight ticket you want to cancel
- Select the ticket and check whether you are eligible to cancel the ticket or not; if yes, then click on cancel
- Please fill out the refund form, and after submitting it, airlines will cancel the flight ticket.
Canceling a flight offline:
If you want to cancel the flight ticket offline, visit the LATAM Airlines airport, go to the reservation department, and give your booking ID number and name to cancel the flight ticket. Lastly, fill out the refund request form, and then your reservation made with Latam Airlines will be canceled by a customer care executive.
The airlines will charge some canceling fees to their passengers. Passengers should cancel within twenty-four hours or buy refundable tickets to avoid this cancellation fee. To cancel a LATAM airlines flight, passengers can call the customer care executive of LATAM Airlines. The phone number is provided on their official website.