How do I get a refund from Malaysian Airlines?
While planning a trip with family, you have met with some uncertain events that your plan gets canceled, which results in canceling your flight tickets, and after that, you wish to get a refund from Malaysian Airlines. And suppose you have booked the flight with Malaysian airlines. In that case, you will receive different facilities like complete packages, miles, and premium facilities, and if you cancel your flight, you can also apply for a refund. To know the entire refund process and policies, you need to read below.
Get a Refund from Malaysian Airlines Via call:
You can quickly connect with the representatives and apply for a refund.
You need to make a call Malaysian Airlines at 1-802-308-3254 or 1 (800) 552-9264 to get a refund
Then you need to follow the IVR instruction
Choose 1 for flight bookings
Choose 2 to miles
Choose 3 for canceling the flight
Choose 4 for a refund
Choose 5 to connect with representatives
Choose 6 for more option
Select the IVR related to the issues and connect with a representative
If you choose the online process, then follow the below steps
- Visit the Lufthansa airlines website.
- Then choose the manage bookings and fill out the surname and booking reference number.
- Following this, you need to mention the reason for canceling the flight and cancel it.
- Next, search for the refund form and fill out the complete information of the passenger and flight.
- Now make the payments to cancel the flight using a card, and you will receive a message of canceling the flight on the contact details.
Malaysian Airlines Refund Policies:
The information on refund policies is essential as it will give you information on whether you need to pay any flight cancelation fee or you will receive a complete refund. The below mention statements are the Malaysia Airlines refund policies of Malaysian airlines.
- Cancelation done by the passenger within 24 hours of making the reservation is fully refundable, but only if they make the bookings from the Malaysian airlines' official website.
- Passenger cancellations after 24 hours are liable to pay a flight cancelation fee to cancel the flight and then receive a refund.
- If the passenger makes the bookings through any voucher, offer, package, etc., they need to pay a cancelation fee and receive a coupon for a refund.
- If the passenger cancels the flight due to medical issues, they must show genuine certificates of their problems and get a complete refund after canceling the flight.
- Malaysian airlines also provide a refund for canceling the flight if they delay the flight for more than three hours if the fault is from their side. You are also liable to receive complete care at the airport.
- You can also cancel the flight on the departure date and apply for a refund, but after getting the boarding pass or flight departure, you cannot apply for the refund.
- If you make the bookings from any official representatives of the Malaysian airlines, then you need to connect with them to cancel the flight and apply for a refund.
How long does it take for Malaysia Airlines to refund?
If you made the payments using a card, you need to receive the refund within seven days, and if you use any other method, you need to wait ten days to get the refund.
By reading the above, you will know about get a refund from Malaysian Airlines. Still, if you have any queries, you can connect with the official representatives of Malaysian airlines.