Can You Cancel a Flight Within 24 Hours of Departure?
Yes, you can cancel a flight within 24 hours of departure because, according to the 24 hour cancellation policy, if you exceed the limit of 24 hours, then you need to pay cancellation charges. The charges may change according to the type of flight you have booked. You can go through the below written policies and procedures that will help you in canceling your suitable flight option successfully without making any errors.
Here Are the Flight Cancellation Policies Discussed Below:
The policies are made under the supervision of senior authorities that will prevent you from falling into some kind of delay. The policies cover all the 24hr booking flight rules and regulations. These policies are designed to maintain decorum and a trustworthy relationship between airline authorities and clients.
- If you cancel flight booking within 24 hours of flight booking, then the airline will not make you pay cancellation charges and revert you the full refund in your given account details. If you cancel a flight within 24 hours of departure, the airline will also provide you a refund without deducting the cancellation charge.
- In the worst case scenario, if your flight got canceled due to weather conditions or technicalities that make it less suitable to fly, then the airline will pay you the refund without deduction of cancellation charges.
- In case your family member expires due to some medical condition, and your flight got canceled so in that case you need to submit appropriate supporting documents to the airline authority, and airline personnel will verify your documents; following this, you will get your refund without paying cancellation fees.
- If you're traveling with a round trip type flight and you have canceled your flight in between your trip, then the airline will provide compensation on your flight fare, and the airline will send the remaining amount to your account details.
You have gone through flight cancellation policies which will help you to go for flight cancellation within 24 hours. Now move your eyes toward the flight cancellation procedure mentioned below. The procedure is explained in a very layman language, so you can apply it without any external help.
- You are required to visit the official site of the airline.
- Then log in with your account, and the page will open.
- After that, you need to move the manage booking tab. Tap on it.
- Now enter your booking number and last name.
- The page will show the list of flights; select your suitable flight and tap on the cancel button.
(Following the cancellation, you will also get a refund request form through which you can claim a refund)
- But before cancellation, you need to double-check the details, and if there are any cancellation fees to be paid, they can also be paid through different modes of payment.
- At last, you will receive a confirmation email on your registered email id.
You can approach customer service to get your flight canceled less than 24 hours before departure through a toll free number available on the official site of the airline. The number is available 24 hours and seven days. The customer service executive promptly provides you with a suitable solution to your question.