How Can I Cancel My Flight with Korean Air?
To cancel a Korean Air flight, you can choose an online and offline method. You can use the official website of the airline to complete the cancellation. Also, you can contact the customer support of the airline and request a cancellation. Here are the steps to cancel your Korean Air flight online.
- Head to the official website of Korean Air first.
- You will find the Find Trips option at the center of the homepage.
- Click on the option to search your flight.
- On the next page, you have to provide the Booking reference number, Boarding date, and Last name as per the ticket.
- Hit the Search button to see your current bookings with Korean Air.
- Open your itinerary and locate the Cancel button.
- Select the Cancel flight button and pay the cancellation charge (if applicable)
- Here, you can request a refund as well as complete the process.
- After a while, you will get a confirmation email regarding your cancellation with Korean Air.
By following the above steps, you can complete the cancellation. However, if you face any issues in the above steps, you can contact customer support to cancel a Korean Air flight ticket. You can find the contact details of Korean Air customer service at the Customer Support section of the homepage. If you want to know the airline's cancellation charges, you can check the following segment.
What is the Korean Air cancellation fee?
Korean Air does not charge any cancellation fee if you cancel the flight within 24 hours of the booking or 91 days before the departure. However, if you cancel the flight between 90 and 61 days, you must pay KRW 30000. If you have canceled within 60-15 days, the cancellation charges are 100000. For the flights canceled between 15-4 days, you need to pay 120000 as a cancellation penalty.
At last, if you cancel your flight ticket within three days of the flight's departure, you need to pay 150000 as Korean Air cancellation fee. You need to pay the cancellation fee when canceling the flight. You can avoid the cancellation charges if you cancel the flight within 24 hours of the booking.
Korean Air 24 hours Cancellation Policies
The Korean Air 24 hours policy states that you don't need to pay any cancellation charges if you cancel your ticket within 24 hours of the booking. However, there must be a seven-day gap between the booking and departure date of the Korean Air flight. Also, you will get a complete refund on refundable and nonrefundable tickets if the cancellation is made in the first 24 hours of the booking.
Below are some other important cancellation policies of Korean Air you should know before canceling the flight. Let's check what Korean Air has to say about canceling the flight.
Korean Air Cancellation Policy
There are two situations when you need to cancel the Korean Air flight. One is when you cancel the flight deliberately and the other when there are some delays in the flight from the airline's side. Below are the policies of both the cases you should know,
When you Cancel the Flight
- If you cancel your Korean Air flight, you need to cancel the same platform where you have booked the ticket.
- You cannot cancel a group trip using the airline's official website. For that, you need to call the customer support of Korean Air.
- If one passenger wants to cancel the flight in a group trip, the airline will cancel the whole group trip.
- You need to pay the cancellation charge per the ticket type you have purchased from Korean Air.
When the Airline Cancels a Flight
- If Korean Air has canceled our flight, you will get a voucher, an alternate flight, or a complete refund on your ticket.
- If you have to cancel the flight due to a delay, you don't need to pay cancellation charges.
So, these are the policies you should know while canceling the flight ticket with Korean Air. If you face any issue in understanding the policies, you can contact the airline's customer support. You can also request a live person to cancel Korean Air flight easily. Keep in mind to provide all the details accurately if you want to request the cancellation with the Korean Air customer representative.