How to Get a Refund from Air Canada Airlines?
Air Canada is the largest Canadian flag carrier. This airline has the biggest fleet size and carries more passengers as compared to all other Canadian airlines. Providing the most spacious and entertainment-packed in-flight experience to quick responses to passenger demand, the airline makes sure it covers all aspects of a perfect flight. Traveling with this airline is a wise choice, but if, due to some reason, you had to cancel your reservation, then you need to acknowledge some important Air Canada refund policy before you apply for a refund. Cancellation and refund go hand in hand, so you must apply for a refund after you cancel your ticket.
The airline has perfectly established the methodologies governing refund requests, and the website asks the passengers to follow these steps when they wish to apply for this service.
Steps to Get a Refund from the Air Canada
If you have a flight booking or reservation with Air Canada and the plan does not seem certain anymore, and you wish to cancel your flight tickets and get a refund, the following points will help you significantly.
- Call the Air Canada refund phone number 1-888-247-2262.
- Once the call connects, you’ll have to go through the IVR procedure.
- Press the required set of numbers to continue in a preferred language.
- Press 7 to connect with the reservations department.
- Press 5 for refund-related queries.
- Wait for the hold time to end on the call.
- Shortly, a live Air Canada reservations associate will connect with you on the call.
- Ensure that you have the booking-related information handy to narrate it to the executive.
- Air Canada will initiate your refund procedure after that.
Therefore, you can get a refund from Air Canada Airlines team with the help of following and going through the points listed above for your instant convenience.
Get a Refund from Air Canada Airlines through Website
- Passengers who have used the official airline channels, the official website, Air Canada mobile app, official call center, Kayak, Skyscanner, Google Flights, and Aeroplan; can apply for a refund through the Air Canada website.
- Load the aircanada.com homepage in any browser of your choice. This is the first step to request a refund from Air Canada directly.
- After that, click the ‘Sign In’ tab at the tile at the top right.
- Now, go to the ‘My Bookings’ tile and fetch the details of the flight in concern.
- Near the details, you will find the button to request a refund. Use this and fill in the details the website asks for.
- Follow the steps as they pop up one after the other. Finally, based on the policies and the time frame you request for a refund, make the necessary payments (if applicable) and complete the procedure.
The website also gives information for passengers who used other channels to make reservations. If you wish to get a refund from Air Canada but booked your ticket through the following channels, then follow these steps.
- If a travel agency booked your ticket, they should be your first point of contact as they have better access to your booking than the airlines.
- Passengers who booked Air Canada Business seats are requested to visit the ‘Air Canada for Business’ to get details on the refund procedure.
- If you made a reservation for the Air Canada Vacation package, then visit vacations.aircanada.com to apply for a refund.
Please acknowledge the following before you submit the refund request form on the website.
Air Canada Airlines Refund policy
- The 24- hours Air Canada refund policy gives passengers the luxury to avail full refund. To get the full refund value, you must cancel the reserved seat within the initial 24-hours of booking confirmation.
- Depending on the type of ticket purchased, cancellation or administrative fee may be applicable at the time of request submission.
- If your ticket falls under the non-refundable ticket type, then you may only get a voucher of the same value and not monetary value back into your account. In certain cases, the airline may not give any refund if you apply after 24-hours of booking.
- You will not get any refund under the Air Canada refund policy for the services you have utilized on the ticket.
- In certain cases, a partial refund is not possible.
The process of applying is fairly simple, but if you need assistance, you can always call the support center and ask an executive to complete the procedure on our behalf. You can call the support service for other refund-related queries as well. The team manages hundreds of calls every day and will take up your issue in a proactive manner.
How Do I Talk to a Person at Air Canada?
How to Cancel Air Canada Airlines Flight Ticket?
How Do I Contact Air Canada Directly?
How to Select Seats on Air Canada Airlines Flight?
What Number Do I Call for Air Canada Refund?
How to Request an Upgrade Seat on Air Canada?
How to Get a Refund from Air Canada Airlines?
How Do I Call Air Canada from Mexico?