Everything You Need To Know About The Southwest Airlines Cancellations Policy
Not being aware of the cancellations policy of your respective airline can cause you issues sometimes. In fact, the flight cancellations guidelines are deigned to help you with your unavoidable flight cancellations as well avoid the hefty cancellations fee. Besides, many airlines such as Southwest Airlines make sure that its passengers do not get frustrated with their last-minute adjustments in their bookings.
Southwest Airlines offers great flexibility on its flight cancellation and change policy. Therefore, if you have no idea about the airline’s cancellation policy before you cancel southwest airlines flight, then worry not as this post will guide you with everything. Hence, read further.
Flight Cancellation Policy Of Southwest Airlines: 24 Hours
Southwest Airlines has different types of cancellation guidelines depending upon the time of cancellations, fare types and other booking details. As per its 24 hours’ flight cancellation policy, the airline lets you cancel southwest flight ticket within 24 hours of its purchase. However, Southwest does not charge any of its flight cancellation or change fee even if you make booking cancellations post of the 24 hours of the scheduled departure. But it still recommended to follow up with this guideline to ensure getting quick full refunds.
Moreover, read further to know about the cancellations guidelines applicable to different fare types on Southwest Airlines.
Cancellation Guidelines On Southwest Airlines Cancel Reservations On Its Different Fares
Wanna Get Away Fares
- If you were travelling on the Wanna Get Away fare that was purchased via cash, then you can cancel them to get the full refund. In addition, the refund amount will be credited to your Southwest Airlines Travel Fund account. This refund can be used for making future Southwest Airlines Reservations.
- Additionally, you can cancel southwest airlines flight (Wanna Get Away cancellations) for up to 10 minutes before the due departure date.
- In case, if you haven’t used the travel fund within the due time i.e. 1 year, then you can pay a fee of $100 for reinstating the fund.
- Moreover, if you get unable to cancel your Wanna Get Away fares, then no refund will be provided to you by Southwest Airlines.
Business Select, Anytime, & Senior Fares
- Southwest Airlines provides full refunds against the cancellations made on Business Select, Anytime, or the Senior Fares. Plus, the refund amount is provided in the original form of payment, whether these fares are purchased through cash or Rapid Rewards points.
- But if the passenger cancels the flight tickets 10 before the due departure, then only Southwest will provide the refund in the original form of purchase amount, otherwise it’ll be given in the form of travel funds.
Cancellations Guidelines On Flights Cancelled By Southwest Airlines
Since, flight cancellations can occur on the airlines end due to any technical or natural reasons, Southwest Airlines also take care of its passenger either rebooking them on its another flight, or by offering a full refund (for the unused part of the flight ticket). Besides, it also offers an additional $100 travel voucher along with the travel value of the one-way flight.
Furthermore, you can cancel southwest flight ticket online via using the Manage Booking facility available on the airline’s website. Moreover, if you need to know more info on the cancellation guidelines, then contact the Southwest Airlines customer services.