Can I Change My Name on a Southwest Plane Ticket?
Several passengers are in a hurry, or they did not verify the details they filled out while booking the flight, and after the confirmed reservation, they want to change their name. If you are a passenger of Southwest airlines, you can get many benefits or facilities on the flight and at the airport. Southwest airline's officials allow their passengers to make changes in the name even after the bookings. If you have the complete information about this, it is good, but if you want to know Southwest Airlines Name Change policies and procedures, you need to read below.
How do I Contact Southwest to Change the Name on my Tickets?
Through phone call: You can connect with official representative of Southwest Airlines via phone call at 1-802-308-3254 or 1-800-435-9792 to change the name on Southwest flight ticket. You need to call this number, choose the preferred language and follow the IVR instruction.
- Press 1 to book a flight
- Press 2 to cancel the flight
- Press 3 to make changes in the flight
- Press 4 to get a refund
- Press 5 to talk to a representative
- Press 6 to change in name
- Press 7 to know about miles
- Press 8 to luggage or baggage related issue
- Press 9 to go back menu
Choose the Option according to your query and connect with the representative.
How to Change the name on a Southwest Airlines flight ticket?
The steps you need to follow to change name on Southwest Airlines ticket are given below.
- First, you need to visit the official website of southwest airlines in your search engine.
- Now you have to click on the manage booking option.
- Further, fill out the details of the last name of the passenger and booking reference number.
- You need to fill out the contact number with the registered email id and submit those details.
- Further, you can see your bookings. You need to select that booking in which you want to make changes.
- You need to go to the name option and fill out the name to correct the name.
- After this, you need to see the amount you need to pay for making a change and pay that amount from a card or other online mode.
- Last you will get a confirmation message of making changes in the name on the registered email id and given contact number.
How much does it cost to change the name on a plane ticket Southwest?
Southwest Airlines Name Change fee is between 120 USD to 150 USD, and this amount will depend upon the type of booking and the time left on the boarding date.
Southwest Airlines Name Change Policy
- If you booked the flight from the official website of Southwest airlines and you want to make changes in the bookings within 24 hours, then you do not need to pay any charges; you can do it free of cost.
- The passenger will not be able to change their complete name; instead, they can only change 3 to 4 words of their name; for making changes to the named passenger, they need to show their original documents to Southwest Airlines' officials. After verifying those documents, officials will allow the passenger to make changes in the name.
- If the time left on the boarding date is less than seven, then the passenger wants to make changes in their name, then they need to pay changing fees.
- Passengers will not be able to make changes when the time left on the boarding date is less than three days.
- If the passenger wants to make changes in the name due to their marriage, then the passenger needs to show their marriage certificate, and they can make the changes in the name free of cost.
- If the passenger books the flight with any official Southwest Airlines representative, the passenger will need to contact them to change the name.
With the help of the statements mentioned earlier, you will know about the Southwest Name correction procedure. Still, if you find any difficulty, you can also contact the official representative of Southwest airlines via call, chat, or email. They will help you to resolve your problem.